Making Yogurt with Kathryn & Jessica
1. 1 pint pasteurized milk
2. 1 carton plain yogurt
3. Powdered skim milk
4. Hot plate
7. Tablespoon & teaspoon
1. Pour the pint of pasteurized milk into a glass beaker.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered skim milk to the pint of pasteurized milk.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Cool to 45-46 degrees Celcius.
5. Add 1-2 teaspoonfuls of the plain yogurt using a sterilized spoon, and mix well.
6. Cover the beaker with aluminum foil, and incubate at 37 degrees Celcius for 9-15 hours.
*** The pH of your yogurt should be tested first with the plain, store-bought yogurt, and finally with your homemade lab yogurt.***
Test the pH of your yogurt
Directed by Dr. Cheryl Lindeman | Go back to the Biology Home Page | Credits