Schedule for 6 sessions
|WEEK||DATE||DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES|
|1||Read Course Outline/ begin assigned readings:
in your folder /SEM Introduction
Complete session activity sheet
Find annotative bibs/ technical article
Watch scope start-up, learn parts
Divide into two groups- alternate activities
Powers of observation- NIH IMAGE
Complete session activity report
|3||Complete session activity report
Project Proposals Approved by end of class.
Operate SEM scope (under supervision!!)
Work on PPT Poster for Project
Annotative Bib #2 due
|4||Complete session activity report
Quiz on operation and theory of SEM using the materials in your folder and other web links. Work on Web Development or SEM outreach assignment.
|5||Complete session activity report
Work on Skill checks, web development, finishing PPT project display.
QUIZ-skills, TEM/SEM parts, theory
|6||TURN IN PROJECT WRITE-UP WITH
EVALUATION SHEET AND Assigned folder!! PPT project display must be posted on Poster and posted in SEM backup folder on designated computer. Clean out papers from folder or points deducted
- Students must schedule scope time with the instructor (usually Wed. and Thurs.)
-Students must sign in and out with me each Friday for attendance or deducts for DNSO.
- Assigned work not turned in on time will be counted LATE and points will be deducted. Work turned in MORE THAN ONE WEEK LATE will not be graded.
- All assignments will be typed and double spaced
- Annotative bibliographies may come from scientific articles you find which deal with transmission or scanning microscopy. You can use the sources in GS 101 on the reference shelf
- DO NOT TAKE THEM FROM THE LAB; REQUEST COPIES BE MADE.