Guide for calculating the Mean, Median or Mode
1. Open your data file in Excel
2. Click on a blank cell where you will paste a function to calculate the mean, median or mode.
3. Click on the Function Wizard, .
4. Click on Average to highlight it, then click on OK.
5. Using the mouse, highlight the cell containing the data you want to use.
6. Click on OK, the value of the mean will appear in the blank cell you clicked on in step #2.
To calculate the median or mode, follow the same procedure but highlight MEDIAN or MODE in step #4.
Copyright © 1997 Central Virginia Governor's School for Science and Technology Lynchburg, VA