Guide to computing a c2 using the Chi-squared applet
Part 1: Enter the data
- Type your data into the corresponding fields in the teal table. This is all the
data entry you need to do.
- Press and note the computed results.
Part 2: Interpret the results
- The blue table contains the sum of the fields in each row
- The yellow table contains the sum of the fields in each column
- The black table contains the total of all of the fields in the data (teal) table
- The red table contains the expected values, based on the given data
- The c2 field contains the chi-squared statistic for the data set
- The df field contains the number degrees of freedom of the data set
- The a field contains the significance (a) level of the c2 result, given the df
Original work on this document was
done by Central Virginia Governor's School student Richard Barnes (Class of '00).
Copyright © 1999 Central Virginia
Governor's School for Science and Technology Lynchburg, VA