Guide to computing a c2 using the Chi-squared applet
Part 1: Enter the data
- When prompted, enter the number of categories in the variable you're testing
- Type your observed and expected data into the corresponding fields. This is all the
data entry you need to do.
- Press and note the computed results.
Part 2: Interpret the results
- The c2 field contains the chi-squared statistic for the data set
- The df field contains the number degrees of freedom of the data set
- The a field contains the significance (a) level of the c2 result, given the df
Original work on this document was
done by Central Virginia Governor's School student Richard Barnes (Class of '00).
Copyright © 1999 Central Virginia
Governor's School for Science and Technology Lynchburg, VA